Health Benefits of Sailing
20 Reasons to Sail
Do you need to convince yourself or others why you need to go sailing? The physical, mental and emotional health benefits are numerous. Here are our top 20 reason why we love to sail.
- Sail away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. When you’re on the water, you’re surrounded by nature and peace and quiet.
- Experience the thrill of the open sea. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being out on the open ocean, with nothing but blue water all around you.
- Learn new skills. Sailing is a great way to learn about navigation, meteorology, and boat maintenance.
- Meet new people. Sailing is a social activity, and you’ll meet people from all over the world.
- Make lifelong friends. The sailing community is a tight-knit one, and you’ll make friends for life.
- See the world from a different perspective. When you’re sailing, you’ll get to see the world (and your problems) from a different angle.
- Challenge yourself. Sailing is a challenging sport and we’d love to teach you however much you’d like to learn
- Relax and unwind. Sailing is a wonderful way to relax and unwind.
- Get in shape. Sailing is a fabulous way to get in shape.
- Have fun. Sailing is a fun and enjoyable activity.
- Feel the sun on your skin. There’s nothing quite like feeling the sun on your skin when you’re sailing. We provide free sunblock if you’ve forgotten yours.
- Listen to the waves. The sound of the waves crashing against the boat is one of the most relaxing sounds in the world.
- Watch the sunrise. Watching the sunrise from the deck of a sailboat is one of the most beautiful things you’ll ever see. Join us for a Multi Day charter or our Sunrise Boat Church.
- Watch the sunset. Watching the sunset from the deck of a sailboat is another one of the most beautiful things you’ll ever see.
- See the stars. When you’re out on the open ocean, you’ll be able to see the stars like never before. Our Full Moon Charters are excellent stargazing opportunities.
- Feel the wind in your hair. The feeling of the wind in your hair is one of the best feelings in the world.
- Smell the salt air. The smell of the salt air is one of the most refreshing smells in the world.
- Taste the salt on your lips. The taste of the salt on your lips is one of the most refreshing tastes in the world.
- Experience the beauty of nature. Sailing is a phenomenal way to experience the beauty of nature.
- Learn about different cultures. Sailing is a great way to learn about different cultures. We have many stories of the history our Maine coast culture we’d love to share with you.